Can you sell a home on your own, without an agent? Sure, you probably can, but do you know what it takes to sell successfully? Are you looking for the ideal Real Estate Agent?
This is not a time for mistakes.
Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Are you pricing your home correctly? Do you know what your home is worth?
- Can you showcase your home on the Internet with the latest technology and marketing tools like virtual tours, panoramic pictures, and open homes?
- Can you discern who is serious about buying your home vs. just looking around?
- Are you knowledgeable about the legal, contractual, and procedural components involved in real estate transactions?
- Do you have the time to arrange appointments and tours for the buyer?
- If you are not choosing an agent, you will have to be selective in choosing a buyer, skilled in negotiating the price, inspecting it to avoid problems and gather complete information for an effective close.
Is commission an issue?
Many sellers feel that they can save the real estate agent’s commission by marketing and selling the property themselves. Pause to consider the following:
- The agent’s experience and advice on how to showcase and “stage” your home in preparation for sale will earn you more than the price of the commission by commanding a higher selling price.
- The agent’s ability to market your listing on the Internet and to their personal network can get you a suitable sale that could save you considerable time on the market.
- If your home doesn’t sell, are you prepared to keep it?
- How long will it take you to acquire the legal, contractual, and procedural knowledge of an experienced agent?
- If you don’t have this knowledge, how much will your potential mistakes cost you in terms of liabilities, lawsuits, and future contingencies with the property?
By hiring a specialist, you will save time to focus on the things you do best and spare yourself the possible anxiety, frustration, and regrets of attempting to sell without the necessary knowledge and professional tools to do an outstanding job.